words: Catherine Frederick
Inspired by: Pinterest
Stop what you’re doing! You must make these adorable and delicious Halloween treats right now. Super easy, and just the right size for the little creatures in your life!
- • 6 half-pint mason jars
- • 1 black Painter’s marker
- • 12 wiggly eyes
- • Gauze, 2” width
- • Hot glue
- • Sprinkles (black, green, white)
- • 1 box white cake mix
- • Food coloring (green, orange)
- • 1 can black icing (I used Betty Crocker Decorating Cake Icing)
- • 1 tub buttercream icing (I used Duncan Hines Homestyle)
- • 3 piping bags with desired tips
Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Divide batter evenly into 3 bowls. Use food coloring to color 1 bowl green, 1 bowl orange and leave 1 white.
Fill jars halfway, a little less than ½ cup, (no more or they will overflow). This makes 2 of each color. Place jars on baking sheet in center of oven. Bake 15-20 minutes. Check them beginning at the 15-minute mark and remove before they begin to brown. Let cool.
Decorate jars using marker, wiggly eyes, and gauze. Place icing into separate piping bags, 1 for each color. Swirl frosting on top of cakes, add sprinkles. These make adorable gifts, just be sure to screw on the lid!