image: James Stefiuk
- 6 cups roughly chopped zucchini
- 2 cups diced onion
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil (divided in half)
- 6 oz. of either arugula or spinach
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- 1 box Orecchiette or Gemelli pasta
- Crushed red pepper & salt to taste
Heat pan to medium heat. Add two Tablespoons of olive oil. Lightly sauté onion and garlic, until softened—about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in another sauté pan, heat remaining olive oil on medium high, add chopped zucchini in batches so you don’t overcrowd the pan (2 – 3 batches total depending on the size of your pan). Cook zucchini on both sides until done and set aside with onions and garlic.
Place cooked zucchini, onions, garlic, shredded Parmesan, and the greens you’re using into a blender (you can do this in batches if necessary) and blend while slowly adding chicken broth/stock until you reach a desired consistency.
Return blended mixture to pan and keep warm until pasta is finished cooking. Add a dollop of ricotta cheese on top of each serving!