words and images: Catherine Frederick
Want to know my favorite fall candy treat? A bowl full of candy corn mixed with peanuts! That mix is the perfect addition to this month’s DIY – a Halloween candy dish. It comes together quickly, would make a great gift, and you can even customize it for other holidays or celebrations!
- 6” terra cotta pot
- Terra cotta saucer
- Wooden knob
- Fish bowl/glass jar
- Craft adhesive (i.e. E6000)
- Hot glue/glue gun
- Spray paint
- Embellishments for decorating
- Paint the OUTSIDE of the terra cotta pot, saucer and knob. I used a gloss spray paint, but you can use acrylic paint if you wish. DO NOT paint the inside of the saucer (the lid). Candy will be exposed to the lid, so ensure safety by not painting the inside, tape it off if necessary. Once paint has dried, proceed to next step.
- Affix glass jar to the terra cotta pot with craft adhesive. Place something heavy on top for at least eight hours to let dry completely.
- Using hot glue, affix knob to the saucer. Decorate your jar and/or pot with embellishments such as ribbon, stickers, or vinyl. Fill jar with candy and enjoy!